Here, at Duynie we offer smart, responsible and sustainable solutions for both the food and agricultural industries worldwide. Our primary objective is to provide sustainable feed solutions, enabling livestock farmers to improve their on farm efficiencies, which equates to a stronger bottom line.
We are a market leader in co-product feeds. We stand for result-oriented advice, reliable service and guaranteed quality.
The future of our company lies in the hands of our employees. We work together to ensure that we continue to deliver quality, focusing on adding value. At Duynie, we are challenged to perform at the best of our ability, whilst having knowledge and expertise spanning over both the food and agricultural industries at our finger tips, to access this infinite pool all knowledge, all that is asked of you is to ask, and be willing to work hard.
FULL TIME RELIEF DRIVER
What’s the role?
Working as a lorry driver, you will be responsible for the safe delivery of goods to farms UK wide.
This role is designed to cover all absence of our current driver workforce as well as driver downtime.
You must be flexible with the hours of work, as your rota and start times will often change. You will be required to work weekends, however this will be discussed at interview.
Some duties may involve:
- Keeping your vehicle in good condition
- Completing delivery paperwork
- Nights out
- Completing vehicle defect checks
- Good communication with customers and the transport office
This role is based out of our Peterborough depot.
As part of our driving workforce, you’ll have access to:
- Full DCPC training during your employment
- Full uniform
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates of pay
- Overtime available
What kind of person are you looking for?
We welcome all new & experienced drivers to join our well established team, as we continue to grow.
This position requires the following criteria:
- To hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) license
- Have no more than 6 penalty points
- Experience with bulk tipper trailers and bulk liquid tank deliveries.
- To have a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC
- To own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Physically active due to the nature of the role; dealing with heavy goods
- Fluent in English; Constant communication with colleagues and customers
Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of professionalism
What happens next?
If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to attend a driver assessment. On these days, we carry out a full physical driving assessment (on the road drive) and interview with the transport manager.
Assessments typically take 1 day and are completed before an offer of employment is made.
A Note for Recruitment Agencies
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will reach out to our trusted partners. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.
If this sounds like a company you would like to work for, please send us a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com